Brian Thomas Gulino
Systems Architecture and Maintenance
San Diego, California
- Experience Summary:
- I design and build networks applications, and database servers providing internet access, mail, and business database accounting services.
I write custom
business applications software and web applications to run on servers.
- Operating Systems and Environments:
- Extensive experience with, Linux, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7.
- Programming & Software:
- Twenty-two years experience designing business applications. Extensive integration experience including
specifying and assembling hardware, and peripherals including terminals,
printers, and routers. Specified and implemented communications networks
enabling database servers to communicate successfully on the internet.
Proficient in SQL, PHP, Database design and programming, HTML, Unix Shell Script and basic
- Hardware & Software Packages:
- SQL, PHP, Apache, Apache-SSL, Web Servers, Image Magick, Qmail, Mail Systems
and anti-spam filtering, EZmlm Mailing List Manager, Ipchains (UNIX) firewalls,
TCP_wrappers, SATAN and Tripwire security tools. DUMP, Restore, and TAR backup
systems, WangTek, HP, and Exabyte, backup devices, HTML and Dreamweaver and
Photoshop, Multivalue database software including the IBM U2 product family.
- Business Knowledge:
- Elementary accounting from debiting and crediting transactions to simple
Profit & Loss Statements and Balance Sheets. Knowledge of MRP, Payroll and
all common methods of inventory accounting, costing, and purchasing.
- Software Developer and Consultant - 2000 to present
- Contract software development, usually database-backed software with an internet presence.
Consultant and Systems Engineer - Generation Research, Inc. -
1988 to 2000
- Co-owner and operator of a software development company and applications software
- Adjunct Faculty - Palomar Community College - 1995-1996
- Taught beginning programming
- Instructor - School of Advanced
Technology, State University of New York at Binghamton 1983-1987
- Taught beginning programming and advanced programming topics
Education & Training
- School of Advanced Technology, State University of New York at Binghamton
- Master of Science, Computer Science
- New College at Hofstra, Hofstra University Hempstead, New York
- Bachelor of Science, Social Science